Car With Trunk Pass Through

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
I'm looking to buy a new luxury car that comes in two trims. The standard trim has a trunk pass through (the middle seat folds down so you can fit skis, etc. through it to the trunk) while the VIP trim does not have the trunk pass through. I plan on installing an aftermarket sound system in it.

How does having the subwoofer in the trunk with no trunk pass through affect the way the subwoofer sounds? The car has a lot of sound deadning in it already (stock) so I think it would block most of the subwoofer sound.

The first car I put a sound system in was a '98 Taurus, I just removed the two speakers from the rear deck so the sound from the subwoofer in the trunk could get into the cabin.

ANY car with subs in the trunk will have significantly less bass with the seats up than when their down. With a hole in the skii pass. It allows some bass to come through. Will it change the sound of it? No, Will it change the intensity, yes.

How big is the skii hole? Big enough to put an 8 into? There is a few different options you can do. something like this works too.
2230059579_e4dd9fce26_b.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.