Car Electrical Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sirfatty
10+ year member

Tampa
Ok Guys, I think i have it all layed out right but would like to confirm. Below is how i plan on wiring my invertor to my car. Please let me know if it looks good. The switch has 3A 125vac and 1.5 A 250VAC written on it. Is that enough and do i need a fuse?

Thanks in advance

Jim

invertor.jpg

You would want a fuse, and a switch that has a dc rating on it, as your switching DC 300watts/12 volts=25amps. Find a switch rated for that, and fuse your wire. All the switch rating tells you is what it can safely switch.

awsome thanks

Its actually a 350 watt inverter so almost 30 amps. Should i place a 30 amp fuse in or do i need to go higher or lower so the fuse blows first. So then i also need to find a fuse rated more than 30 amps

correct

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.