Car doesn't start in rain

CrownMe
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Toronto
Hey,

I got this issue where my car doesn't start after it rains. Like if its been raining for like 15-20 minutes and I try and start it no problem. But if its been raining hard or raining for a long time, there's no chance of the car starting. And it wont start till the sun is out and every bit of moisture has been dried up.

All it does is crank, nothing else... any ideas?

its a 94 Civic Si (no other issues whatsoever)

is there a dizzy cap on these? Thinking theirs probably coil packs...but i might be wrong as a i dont know hondas very well. Water is getting somewhere it shouldn't, something is broke or not tight. air filter is a great place to start...

Put your hood back on...
You don't have supercharger in that Si...

^^ hahah trust me, I'm not one of those dudes.

Yea I'm assuming something needs to be sealed up, I'll check out some of the things u guys suggested, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You have most of your ignition under the distributor cap on that Honda. Next time it gives you trouble look in there for moisture. Inside you will find 3 different pickups, an ignition module, the ignition coil and the rotor.

when it's dry- start the car open the hood and spray the engine compartment w. a soap and water solution. Where you see sparks that my friend is where the problem is. Maybe an ignition coil or spark plug wire may be at fault. try that first- if there's no spark bring it to the mechanic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.