car battery

chevydude361
10+ year member

well im new to this forum i have a 96 chevy lumina and i have an everstart battery and im runnin a crossfire 1000 watt amp and two crossfire 12's and a pioneer head unit and i have a factory ac delco 105 alt and for some reason the battery keeps dieing when i have the key back just listin to musik and when i try to turn the car on it just makes a clicking sound and nhow the battery is just dead i cant even lower the windows

can some one help me out with this problem

no, a cap is not gonna help you listen to it longer with the car off. buy a secodn battery and an isolater. then when you kill the back battery cause you absolutly must listen to your subs with the car off and feed your amp lots of voltage drop. then you can still start you car cause the front battery will not be used. but whne your amp mysteriously fries don't come here wondering why.

well would it have somethin to do with the amp kits which is an 8 gauge wire with a 5ag60a fuse
You might want to replace that with some 4 gauge and a 150 amp fuse... Also do the big 3, get a new battery, and don't listen to it with your car off for long periods of time

also look into getting a deep cycle battery if you want to drain it all the time and bump with the car off... they're meant to be drained and then recharged several times... regular starting batteries are not.... which is probably why yours doesn't hold a charge anymore

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.