car audio in the house, info.

Plate amplifiers are subwoofer amplifiers and they have high and low level inputs... usually a coaxial or optical digital input as well.

But as has been mentioned, you don't need that kind of power in a house. With a 300 watt plate amp, room gain will make your sub sound like it's on a lot more power than it is and a simple two channel receiver will be best for the speakers.

But if you're dead set on using 12 amps, be prepared to buy a very expensive power supply or deal with the whine you'll likely induce with a battery charger while listening. The little 3 amp supplies that I saw listed above won't run a 1Kw amp. Nor will a wall wart. You'd need a supply that can provide much more current than that.

yeah im leaning toward the plate amps. will those also work with the highs and mids and power the deck. like if i buy 2 plate amps. one for sub then the other for mids/high and deck.

yeah im leaning toward the plate amps. will those also work with the highs and mids and power the deck. like if i buy 2 plate amps. one for sub then the other for mids/high and deck.
I'd just get a home audio receiver for your speakers.Plate amp for sub.Ditch the car hu all together.

DO NOT use a car battery and charger, when car batteries charge they make hydrogen gas which can ignite. Exploding car batteries are extremely dangerous... I've seen it happen. Computer power supplies will work, I did it but if you don't have a very nice PSU the PSU can and will go into protect mode if you turn it up too much. I'd go with a home receiver and maybe a powered sub, or plate amp for the sub. Please do post pictures when you get it all put together!

I've also been very interested in this subject for a while now, and never found the specific answers. I have a 500 rms Pioneer 12" sub(I believe it is not dual coil)and I want to use it in my home, Where can I find an amp to fully power it(on a low budget)?

I've also been very interested in this subject for a while now, and never found the specific answers. I have a 500 rms Pioneer 12" sub(I believe it is not dual coil)and I want to use it in my home, Where can I find an amp to fully power it(on a low budget)?

Any amp will work if you feed it 12V. Look at some previous posts.

If I were you get a decent receiver, get the daytons powered subwoofer from parts express about $120 each get at least 3 of them and get some bookshelf speakers for your front and rears and a decent front speakers and you will rock the house like crazy and you dont even have to spend that much money. problem with receivers most of them are 8 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.