car audio in the house, info.

King pin2
10+ year member

pshhh
was thinking about making me a coffee table/boom box. it would have 4 speakers and one sub. was wondering whats the best way to power the amp and deck for home use. would it be best with a computer power supply, or just trow a battery with battery charger in there. i want steady power as i may play it for long periods of time.

i dont see anything lol, and will it be stable to run long periods on lets say a 1000 watt amp.
ok, click on the link and you should see it, and it runs 13.8 instead of 12, to allow a little voltage drop without heating up your amp too much, and you don't need a 1000 watt amp, unless your running a 4th order or bandpass box you know its just gonna sound like you popped your trunk, 500w in my basment had everything upstairs bouncing off tables and stuff, i'd do a mock build up, run it off a car batt to see if you even like it, and the sound its gonna give you.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.