Capacitor vs. Optima Battery

Deadlock281

Okay, so I drive a 1988 Honda Civic with an alternator thats only putting out 60 amps. I have a Pioneer DEH-P3900MP with Pioneer 3-ways in the front and Pioneer 4-ways in rear deck. I have two Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 (1400watt peak) powered by a Profile AP1200 2-channel amp. My car can barely put out enough power to power the subs at the volume I listen too. SO MY QUESTION IS:

Should I get a Tsunami Lite Wave PP1002TM or an Optima Yellow Top battery? Which would better power my subwoofer's? Now, I'm going to get both EVENTUALLY but I want to know which one I should get first.

Okay first off what is the "big3"??? And secondly I've already thought about the alternator but I'm not going to have this car long enough to merit that investment. So you're saying get the battery?

I heard YTs are being produced overseas somewhere now, and are starting to drop in quality, I myself purchased a Powermaster 2700 today, and will be buying 2 more for the box of my truck in the next week or so.

But like these guys have said, Dont do a cap, do the big 3 and get a good battery.

I heard YTs are being produced overseas somewhere now, and are starting to drop in quality, I myself purchased a Powermaster 2700 today, and will be buying 2 more for the box of my truck in the next week or so.
But like these guys have said, Dont do a cap, do the big 3 and get a good battery.
They are made by Johnson Controls.

Well I would do that but I don't plan on having this car for more then half a year more so i think that just getting an Optima battery would work good enough for me, plus i can just transfer that to what ever car I get very easily.

Well I would do that but I don't plan on having this car for more then half a year more so i think that just getting an Optima battery would work good enough for me, plus i can just transfer that to what ever car I get very easily.
i have an accord with a 80 amp alt, i have 1500+ watts for bass and 300+ for mids and highs. I barely get any dimmimg at all. I have a extra yellow top in the trunk and did the big 1(1/0 gauge ground for batt under hood). Get the yellow top and you'll be good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.