capacitor volts dropped

The capacitor has a voltmeter on it hooked up to the amp so that the guy can always see what’s happening that in itself is a good thing. The fact that it is now showing a smaller drop in volts is telling him something. A cap hurts nothing because they recharge as fast as they discharge. Capacitors were used for many years to filter out the noise generated by standard ignition automobiles. What a cap can do for car audio is give better dynamic sound response and that’s why some people use them but those people are true audio experts. Someone with a good ear for music using an amp with an unregulated power supply will hear the dynamic improvements. Posting misinformation on a subject that you don’t even understand just makes you look stupid.
You could get a volt meter for 15 bucks off ebay. Easier to hook up and you could see your voltage while driving.

to OP, since your running off a high output converter, start simple and check fade adjustment to be sure it set to 0 or "balanced". Second i would try a different radio with working pre outs.

This is not a power issue, same amp, same battery, same wires etc as before it started happening. also check connections on the high output converter, the amp may only be receiving signal from one channel.

and capacitors are garbage, if yor having power issues get an optima yellow top, and a high output alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.