Capacitor values

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bagwellbill

CarAudio.com Newbie
I was thinking about putting some caps in my speakers to balance out the bass. I'm currently running 6x9s in the front door panels with tweeters in the doors two 8's in the rear deck and a single 12 ported in the trunk. I was wondering if it would make it sound weird if I capped the front ones to 300hz and the 8's 100hz? I just don't like battling vibrations from the door speakers and honestly kinda wanting to experiment :)

I was thinking about putting some caps in my speakers to balance out the bass. I'm currently running 6x9s in the front door panels with tweeters in the doors two 8's in the rear deck and a single 12 ported in the trunk. I was wondering if it would make it sound weird if I capped the front ones to 300hz and the 8's 100hz? I just don't like battling vibrations from the door speakers and honestly kinda wanting to experiment :)
vibrations come with the territory. I'd consider sound treating the doors so they don't make those noises. can't tell you about caps, never used em like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.