Capacitor/second battery question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Charbel Bernaba

CarAudio.com Recruit
I currently have the Toyota Corolla 2020. and i decided to pull the trigger and upgrade the sound system. My technician installed 2 door speakers and 2 tweaters by kenwood excellon I forgot which model they are. and im running dual 12-inch amplifier by Jl w0 and they are all amplified on 400 watts amplifier by jl as well the xd400. I know the amplifier is not enough for all the door speakers and the subs together. So i decided to install another amplifier the xd600 by JL. But my question is. Do i need a second battery or a bigger alternator? My car is brand new and im afraid i would ruin the electronics in it. I'm trying to avoid the second battery or alternator situation as it's out of my budget.

Well what is your voltage drop?
I have no idea, to be honest. I don't deal with anything related to cars or testing usually my technician does all of that. And besides, I didn't install the second amp yet till Wednesday. I only have the 400 watts right now.

61DtBEAHmZL._SX569_.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.