Capacitor & Second Battery Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
yea, thats about the only thing that ***** about hondas... weak *** alts

you should be ok with a small second batt... as long as you wire everything properly. a kinetic 600 in the back would def help alot... i dont see you getting much headlight dimming with that installed, but, what 800 watt amp will you be installing?

no actually it was always in there lol, and it was also in the post right before you asked. its 4 gauge
i know you added the 2nd one. quit playin wit me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

if i were you i'd up it to 1/0 and see. it needs to be done if you're going with a 2nd battery and it might help (a lot).

i would upgrade the big 3 to 0 gauge if your going to run a second batt... might be a lil bit of overkill, but the way i think about it, is the less restricted your electrical is, the better everything else will work

okay sounds good, I think I will upgrade the 3 first and see how things go and if I still have dimming and issues I'll just **** it up and get the battery and all that $100 aint as bad as I thought it would be for the battery itself + wires and all that it's still cheaper than a new alternator

75 amps is enough to run just about any 1000 watt system. I do not think you need a second battery, but if you want one it will not hurt anything.

if your running 0 gauge, it should be matched to your alt output, but higher to protect against spikes... i would say a 150 would prolly work fine, with one batt...

and the fuse really is kinda optional... i've never seen an alt spike enough to **** up a batt... or a batt pull enough to **** up an alt (when it is ran properly, mind you... any idiot can **** up an alt in 20 minutes, not knowing what they're doing) .. but i do it just for a lil bit of overkill i guess

if your running 0 gauge, it should be matched to your alt output, but higher to protect against spikes... i would say a 150 would prolly work fine, with one batt...
it should be fused for the wire. i think i have 350a between my batteries?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.