capacirtor not aloud, what else?

Ok i just got my car up an running a few days ago and right now i have a new alt(90amp) but it has been sitting in the car for the 2 years it hasn't been runnin. It probably has like 30 min of run time on it. I also have a new battery but its a typical battery for my car. Where im going with this is how long do you think my alt would last with a SAZ1500 pushing 2 SA-12s with the big 3? i want to know because i'm thinking about getting a new car and i'm not going to spend a lot of money on an alt and battery just to sell the **** and have to do it all over again. I'm also not trying to make it sound like i'm going to **** someone over by handing them a car with a run down alt and battery.

Not sure how long it will last.

Get the high amperage alternator then keep the original one. When you're ready to sell just remove your system, put the factory system back and re-install the factory alternator. You could then sell that high output alternator.

Hid's and a volt meter that you can plug in the dash plug. When voltage starts touching the 11's turn down volume. Do big 3

Just do the big 3 and set the gains at 1200 rms and that should help. Just because you can doesn't mean you always should push it. But i bet the big 3 is all you'll need.

HIDs are good if the headlights are the type that are focused. If not they will tend to blind oncoming traffic.
I cant stand people that dont get HIDs properly installed for that reason alone

Get the biggest you can afford. And you're not gonna get far being a douchebag around here. Well, now that I think about it, you might...
How was he acting like a douchebag if anything you were by making that statement... You don't need an alternator for 1500rms I ran a DC 1.2K with stock batt/alt 90a and I barely went below 13.5. I would advise a decent battery however atleast an XS1200 to pair with your stocky, big III and 0 gauge runs you should be fine I run 2k+ off a 150a and a optima 1500dt and I have a friend that runs 3k off a 150a and xs 3400.

Chances are after voltage drop and rise you won't see a full 1500w anyways so just aim for 1200 out of that amplifier and do a big III and get an XS 1200.

How was he acting like a douchebag if anything you were by making that statement... You don't need an alternator for 1500rms I ran a DC 1.2K with stock batt/alt 90a and I barely went below 13.5. I would advise a decent battery however atleast an XS1200 to pair with your stocky, big III and 0 gauge runs you should be fine I run 2k+ off a 150a and a optima 1500dt and I have a friend that runs 3k off a 150a and xs 3400.
Chances are after voltage drop and rise you won't see a full 1500w anyways so just aim for 1200 out of that amplifier and do a big III and get an XS 1200.
Thanks, im not aiming to be some professional in car audio i just want something that sounds good and wont screw my car, i dont drive all day with my music turned all the way up. Sometimes i feel that a few people giving me advice are very picky on what exactly i should do and if i dont do it their way than its just wrong

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.