Bass shut down my ride! lol

Joe562MMA
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
so my car just died yesterday when i was taking my girl to work just started rolling like my battery was dead, so i thought my alt went out tried to jump it it turned on but shut off when i hit the gas pedal.. Anyway got it towed to my house turns out i was getting any spark at the plugs so i disassemble engine cover(right under the radio) take off the distributor cap & the rotor is just sitting there off the side with the screws out & its fairly new so im blaming it on the BASS lol:goodbad:

Installed the rotor about 9 months ago so i didn't think it was cuz i didnt tighten the screws enough leading to my assumption of the bass rattling the screws loose off my rotor

so my car just died yesterday when i was taking my girl to work just started rolling like my battery was dead, so i thought my alt went out tried to jump it it turn on but shut off when i hit the gas.. anyway got it towed to my house turns out i was getting any spark at the plugs so i disassemble engine cover(right under the radio) take off the dist cap & the rotor is just sitting there off the side with the screws out & its fairly new so im blaming it on the BASS lol:goodbad:
FYI, if your battery dies while you are driving, your car wont just start rolling. It will keep working because of the alternator.

FYI, if your battery dies while you are driving, your car wont just start rolling. It will keep working because of the alternator.
False. I have had my car die because of faulty battery.

did you read it correctly i said "like my battery was dead, so i thought my alt went out"

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Yeah appears he's saying the bass vibrated the rotor loose. You mentioned it was newly installed....try actually tighting it completly.
that could also be it but i put it in about 9 months ago or so lol

doubt the system will cause no spark ,unless the battery is completely drained
system didnt stop spark it Shook the screws loose on rotor causing it to be off track which means no spark

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

**** those sony xplods.
lol u must not know i run nothing but pyle subs & 8 gauge power wire!

yea it shook the screws loos causing it to come off is my assumption lol
unelss you have some ungodly bass that none of us have heard before it wasnt your sony explodes or kicker comps that made your screws come out on your rotor

unelss you have some ungodly bass that none of us have heard before it wasnt your sony explodes or kicker comps that made your screws come out on your rotor
my pyle subwoofers i got at auto zone are deadly!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

point of saying cap & rotor were right under were my hu is is to point out i have a van so speaker box isnt far from the location of the cap & rotor so its a possibility

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.