capacirtor not aloud, what else?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/tenneyalternators.alts?fref=ts Check out this guy. He does great work and can get you what you need. I'm sure a 200 amp alt would be plenty for your setup but I would suggest getting a second battery set up in your car. I have 1 SA-10 in my Dodge Nitro and when it hits my voltage doesn't drop more than .5 volts but I can still see the headlights dimming. Another thing you can look into is doing the BIG 3 Upgrade. http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheBoxGuy?fref=ts This guy makes vehicle specific BIG 3 kits which will definitely improve your Alternator Charging Efficiency.

i dont really have 600+ for a new alternator and battery.
Buy a better battery and alternator. Is the only way to stop your lights from dimming.

If you run your system on your current alternator you run the risk of doing one of two things. Either youyr battery will not last long or your alternator will not last.

don't bump at night... problem solved.

eriously though your best bet is to go with a new alt. I bought a POS 250 amp HO alt off ebay for like $250 and the bearing went out within a week, about 50 miles of driving. Not sure what it actually does for output but I really doubt it's anywhere near 250amps. Simply adding a second big battery would help until you drain it from heavy bumping, in which case it would become just another thing for your alt to charge. As has been said, you get what you pay in.

Good luck OP.

don't bump at night... problem solved.

eriously though your best bet is to go with a new alt. I bought a POS 250 amp HO alt off ebay for like $250 and the bearing went out within a week, about 50 miles of driving. Not sure what it actually does for output but I really doubt it's anywhere near 250amps. Simply adding a second big battery would help until you drain it from heavy bumping, in which case it would become just another thing for your alt to charge. As has been said, you get what you pay in.

Good luck OP.
i was thinking about getting a second battery. I'm probably in my car for 30-40 min MAYBE a day and ill probably only "really" turn it up if i'm on the highway or someplace away from my home town and that's probably twice every week, how long do you think that battery would last? and if i had to even though its a pain in the *** i can take the battery out and charged the ***** after i use it heavily.

It probably wont fit, but the 2000 and up Eclipse alts are 130 amp.
i have mounting places to make a bigger alt fit, hell i could put 2 alts in it but i'm not sure how much of a pain it would be to do all that but ill probably need more that 130

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.