Cap?

Participant count
  • Participant list
It all depends on whether your lights dim...if they do, then it's better to get a 1 fared cap.

If not, you will ok. The main reason for having a cap is the power surge your amps will pull when u turn your system up, hence the dimming of the lights.

But if i were you, i would definetly put the cap in.

well it not my car it my friend, he has a indash tv, power inverter and ps2 and it plays it for a while. and he said that now when he starts his car it kinda struggle. he using a 500 watts amp, 160 watt power inverter and ps2 so would 1 farad be ok for it or .5 farad

well in my opinion caps are usless....i'd prefer to just upgrade my alt instead of get a cap....the cap is only a temp. fix....kinda like a bandaid for a open wound.....

If the lights dim, get a new alternator or your current one rewound. Mike said it, caps are pretty useless in reality.

- Steve:)

Actually their not all that useless, I think they are good eye candy:eek: , especially if you have a very neat custom system install, other than that all they do is put another strain on your overwhelmed charging system.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ss3079 is correect.

Caps are absolutly useless. Once hooked up it's another load for your alt to keep charged and overall takes away from your elctrical systems total power.

If he's having electrical problems the first step is to get a bigger Alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.