CAP vs EXTRA BATT???

RF_toyotaGS300
10+ year member

new york
I currently have a T1500-1bdCP 1500 Watt Class-bd Constant Power Amplifier

for 2 T1's 12' and the battery under the hood of my car has a red top brand new, the battler are ran in parraelel ( +and +) (-and -) now idk if this is correct....my headlights dim like crazy do i need ro upgrade the alternator? what do i do?????

First don't even consider a cap an option. Second do you have a big 3 upgrade and do you know what size alt you have stock? At most you might have to do big 3 and add a small battery.

Big 3 and proper grounds could removing your dimming. I'm pushing about 1500 or so watts on a stock 130 amp alt and a standard battery with no dimming at all unless I've got it full tilt, then there's slight dimming.

Many people forget to sand all their grounds down to bare metal. And make sure it's in a good location, I checked out my friend's ground and he had it going into a plastic brake light...

Most capacitors suck ass.

Do a big 3, 50-60 amp hour (batcap, shuriken, xs power, kinetik, etc.) 2nd battery, big 3 in 0 gauge, possibly upgrade alt if you can afford it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.