Cap bank

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright, then its going to be expensive for quality stuff.

If neither of those was a problem, I would have said just to stick with batteries. I had some good caps on ebay bookmarked a while back, but can't seem to find them now

I found one unbranded 6 pack for $400.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I'm trying to keep everything but the sub box mounted on the rear shelf.

I know where to get some caps at a decent price. He has 4 banks of 6 I have 2 banks in the blazer. For voltage issues. They help keep the voltager higher and space is an issue in it as well

One of these would do for ~1k and you could probably still mount it to the rear shelf.

Or, get a really good under-hood battery and do a couple runs of good OFC to the back

One of these would do for ~1k and you could probably still mount it to the rear shelf.
Or, get a really good under-hood battery and do a couple runs of good OFC to the back

I'm not drilling holes in this one. 1 run is all she is getting. And the battery is a weird group 90. I think a 31 will fit but I haven't checked yet.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I know where to get some caps at a decent price. He has 4 banks of 6 I have 2 banks in the blazer. For voltage issues. They help keep the voltager higher and space is an issue in it as well
How much would you think? I'm not sure if I need it just looking at worst case

If you can fit a group 31, Boomsday is selling some 90 ah ones cheap. I ordered 3.

I'd check voltage drop before spending a bunch of money on a cap bank

I'm not drilling holes in this one. 1 run is all she is getting. And the battery is a weird group 90. I think a 31 will fit but I haven't checked yet. 

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

How much would you think? I'm not sure if I need it just looking at worst case
I can get all 4 banks $750 shipped

I was able to get my blazer up to 14.2. But after the caps 14.8. They do help. But if its daily like mine. Then you need batts to The caps will help stabilize voltage as it did in the blazer

I was able to get my blazer up to 14.2. But after the caps 14.8. They do help. But if its daily like mine. Then you need batts to The caps will help stabilize voltage as it did in the blazer
As of right now I'll have a tick under 2k on tap but I doubt I'll be using half of it daily. 150amp alt stock but I'm thinking it runs a lot. Big 3 of course and 1/0 run to the back with distro. With the tune I'm looking for I really think I'll be ok on stock.

As of right now I'll have a tick under 2k on tap but I doubt I'll be using half of it daily. 150amp alt stock but I'm thinking it runs a lot. Big 3 of course and 1/0 run to the back with distro. With the tune I'm looking for I really think I'll be ok on stock.
Prolly so really depends on the car Tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date