Cant Hear Subwoofer Inside Car. Sound Is Stuck In Trunk.

Participant count
  • Participant list

creamwhitebenz

poway
i own a 1987 mercedes 260E

when i have my subwoofer in my trunk, i cannot hear the bass inside my car, when i open the trunk it poors out.

what can i do to where i can keep my subwoofer in my trunk and still hear bass inside the car...

-back seats do not fold down.

-Looks like gas tank behiend back seat in trunk.

has anyone else had this problem before?

i guess i dont need dynomat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hehe... Been there. I had to cut out portions of the rear deck and metal plate behind the rear seats in my new C300 to really get some bass in the cabin. Just the cutting of it gave me an instant 3dB gain :-o

heres the best i could do

-you can see what kinda looks like the gas tank. thats behiend the back seats.kinda hollow metal. i dont know if its the actual tank or not.

-the other picture is the under side of where the amplifier is located. as seen in the pic(back seat under window area)

if i cut all the metal out under the rear deck will that make a difference?, and what tools should i use to go about doing that?

-I'v seen subwoofers mounted into the ground in the back seat.(where people put they're feet) with grills covering the top so no feet make contact with the sub...only i didnt know the person and couldnt get them out to see how they did it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Anyone know how i can go about setting that up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.