cant decide what to do! help quick!

iltoivfe
10+ year member

ok heres my situation:

my present setup is 2 12 JL W3V2's in the JL High Output Box being powered by a orion 600D

so far, i have 2 deal i can choose from:

1.) 2 12" JL W6V2's for a pretty good price, BUT

how will they sound if i put them in the JL high output box? I dont really have time to build a box or anything, so i was thinking of just putting the w6v2s in my old box. or should i BUY a prefab sealed box? (remember, im not looking to build myself a box) which do you think will sound better?

also, for a little bit, these subs would be powered by my orion 600D amp which would only give them each 300 watts.. but for sure, later i will upgrade my amp.

so what should i expect from these subs in the JL H.O. box powered with 300 watts each?

2.) 1 10" W7 for an even better price BUT

im not going to build a box, so im probably going to BUY a prefab box for it

and with the money left over, upgrade my amp

i cant decide... the w6s are what i really want, but it will be pricy and the w7 is a great deal i cant pass up..

what are the pros and cons with the 2 options?

EDIT:

also, i want a setup that can get loud but still keep sq.. probably, my ratio of spl to sq is 65 : 35

The w7 is a beast, but why waist all that peformance in a prefabed box? Are you basically only looking at JL because there is many more companies htat offer better products for your money imo

^ no, its just that these 2 options were the best deals ive come upon recently..

well, instead of a prefab box, would i be able to pay someone to build it and send it to me?

Yes a lot of people on the forum would be willing to build a box for you. i think Moe just stopped making them but send him a pm i think he said he'd do a couple here and there. Search the box section and u'll find tons of people.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.