Cant decide on my future setup...

bagged97tacoma
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wyoming
Well my current setup is 3 Type x 12s all running 1000 watts rms each...i have hit as high as 149 on a term lab....i am seriously seriously wanting to build a new setup....i am not at all new to car audio and i know what i am doing for the most part...but there are so many brands of woofers out there these days...i dont know what to even try....i am mainly in it for spl but want there to be some good sq... i have heard mixed reviews on re xxx um... what do yall think i should try budget is under 3k for subs and amps...

stock alt for now...big 3 wit all 0 gauge...optima yellow top under bed... kinetik hc 2000 behind seat...yeah and i got a 97 tacoma ext cab....fully sound deadened... i go to all the local bass comps so yeah i compete i guess...just want it to be a definite jump in spl from current system

You must have sum nasty voltage drops w/ a stock alt and 3k watts... What amp(s) are you running??

First thing to do is invest in a big HO alt(Mechman, Ohio Gen, DC Power, Powermaster, etc)... Also are u gonna do a blow through or just the box where the back seats were?

Well i do have bad voltage drops but if i just do a burp at the bass comps it really isnt that bad... I dont really want to do a blow through...would rather just have them in the rear where there used to be back seats...i have the whole are really no limit on room... I can build really any size box...and i can build a metal rack to house the box securely....

I am not sure do you think 2 XXX 12"s or 15"s could put out more than 149 spl(term lab) in a good ported box? say running them with a pair of hifonics brutus amps...i have no clue how they will compare to my type x thats why i have come here for some advice...

amps are 3 mrd-m1005...fairly nice amps i have the same model of 4 channel amp and head unit so i can monitor and control my amps from my head unit....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ive seen people on here get 150 with just 1 sub, if you have the room id say go 2 15's ported, but otherwise 2 12's ported in the 40's will do well for burping but will sound not so great daily.

Fi BTL's come to mind, Sundown, IA there are a lot of choices for SPL.

I dont compete or have a system that reaches past 140 so someone else jump in on this if im wrong on anything.

Also what car? That is pretty important for spl.

why wouldnt 2 12s sound very good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif it doesnt have to be sq comp quality just needs to sound decent...

97 tacoma ext cab...

thanks for the input

Okay people i think i wanna try some xxx 15"s a pair of them....is anybody running a pair of these and what impedance are they running them at and where can you get 4000 watts rms at .5 or 2 ohms....preferably 1 amp ...but could do two

that prolly wouldnt do me much good as far as uppin spl...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.