Can U Help Answer My Questions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Y2mkk2

I just perchased 2 Alpine 12'' type-r's in a ported box for my Jaguar X-type. i also bought a Kenwood excelon 1000 watt amp. i was wondering if i should go with another amp, or if that one was good. I was thinking of upgrading to a Diamond 600 amp, but im not sure, and another question why in cars are the subs always pointed towards the back.

Keep in mind i got all this for $500 all new, and installed.

My subs are Dual 4ohms so are they wired at 4 ohms or another ohn

Thanks for any replies I really apresiate it.

If the kenwood is 1000 rms it will be fine, i think kenwood amps are sometimes overrated, so you should be ok. If you want to spend the money the diamond would probably be fine, but i don't really see the point.

-Jason

I have to agree about kenwood being overrated. They're not a bad amp. If your not looking to try winning Ultra Pro sound quality, it will work fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.