Can SPL damage my ears?

SimonLTZ

Israel
I have about 145-6 DB SPL in my car, and i'm listening in that volume daily. lately i've notice that i my hearing of two things producing sound at the same time is poor.

I mean that if i'm near noisy machine, and someone speaks to me, i can't understand what his telling me.

I can hear him only if he gets realy near me.

What are you say???

Anyone has that problem or expirianced somthing like it?

i have experianced some hearing loss, just enough to be annoying. But the answer is yes SPL can damage ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif really any really loud noise can.

and if you're doing 146 playing music daily
I'm gonna be a hater (Hey, I'm being honest) and say he's not doing that with music... I even doubt he's doing that with a tone... unless he paid a shop ALOT of money... the knowledge just doesn't seem to be there.

No offense to you man (the poster) but I just doubt that you can put together a 146, ESP daily, without knowing that loud noises hurt your ears..

I'm gonna be a hater (Hey, I'm being honest) and say he's not doing that with music... I even doubt he's doing that with a tone... unless he paid a shop ALOT of money... the knowledge just doesn't seem to be there.
No ofense to you man (the poster) but I just doubt that you can put together a 146, ESP daily, without knowing that loud noises hurt your ears..

very true... i bet this is a just a way to let everyone know he hit 146 db's, or atleest thought he did

is this like the hair trick, I would like to see a video of someones ears flopping around wildly. but seriously it can definitely damage your hearing, ears Im not sure.

What are you talking about...?

It's not so difficult to get that SPL level, and to the funny guy who thinks i wrote it "just to let you know", it's ssoooo not me...

What are you talking about...?It's not so difficult to get that SPL level, and to the funny guy who thinks i wrote it "just to let you know", it's ssoooo not me...

Ok, what's your setup, including specifics on your box, what meter, what song/tone did you use?

I know it's not particularly 'hard' to get to that level.... but seriously... how the hell could you not know that's going to effect your hearing?

I knew that it's gonna effecet my hearing, but i didn't realy care about it, not until i started to suffer from it as i mentioned in the First post...

Setup - Old (1995 Production, to be more specific) Infinity 202a Which is the most under-rated amp i know. Rated: 600 Watts bridged into 2 ohms load. I modified it a little by some internal changes (wiring only, not replacing PWM or any other power supply...), 3 12" Subs. 1 L7, 2 CVR's. the CVR's are in a sealed 2 CU/FT , and the L7 is in a sealed 1.7 CU/FT. the Hardest tone of the system is between 35-40 Hz. In the last measurment i hit 147.5 Db, and in a daily song -

" HeartBreaker - Offer Nissim" i got to 144.8 Db.

the cables are 3 sets of 8 and 2 1Farad capacitors. VW Golf, GTI.

Ok, what's your setup, including specifics on your box, what meter, what song/tone did you use?
I know it's not particularly 'hard' to get to that level.... but seriously... how the hell could you not know that's going to effect your hearing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.