can someone find me an alternator?

Participant count
  • Participant list

endofdays89
5,000+ posts

Banned
missouri
I drive a 1999 mercury tracer, i am planning on running 2500 rms and need an alternator that will support that amount of power. Is there any way someone could pick one out for me because i don't know **** about them. Budget is $250

Thanks for any help

you can run that on stock alt probably jsut do big 3 and add extra batt and see what your volts are
merc tracer probably has a really small stock alt.

try dominic irragis ebay store and see what he has. he might have like a 180-220 amp in your price range?

a batt and wire are stil cheaper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif just find a batt for around 100bucks a yellowtop optima or somthin and buy some wire do big 3 and see how your volts are.

a batt and wire are stil cheaper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif just find a batt for around 100bucks a yellowtop optima or somthin and buy some wire do big 3 and see how your volts are.
ok, i'll try that first.

yea, but if i just buy the alternator i can upgrade the big three and be done with it right? i know it will cost more but isn't it worth it?

yea, but if i just buy the alternator i can upgrade the big three and be done with it right? i know it will cost more but isn't it worth it?
Id go with just like 3-4 batteries. I didnt see much of a difference from a 105amp alt to a 250amp alt. I am actually thinking of going back to my stock alt just because I didnt see much of a difference!

Id go with just like 3-4 batteries. I didnt see much of a difference from a 105amp alt to a 250amp alt. I am actually thinking of going back to my stock alt just because I didnt see much of a difference!
don't you need an isolator when you have more batteries?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.