Can someone explain dynamat plz?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Dynamat is a self adhesive sound deadening material. You can pretty much buy it at any car stereo shop, or place that sells car stuff, like circuit city or maybe Best Buy. Mainly what it is used for is to prevent your cars body from vibrating and letting sound escape, like a rattly trunk lid with your subs. Most people put in in their trunk, and you could put just a few pieces on the lid to reduce rattles, or even line your whole trunk with it! They also make smaller sheets for your other speakers in your doors. Visit http://www.dynamat.com to learn more and find dealers near you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks man... i would be interested in them but you see i have an explorer so i dont have a trunk.. :p so now what? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LuRp

An Explorer is a great vehicle for good bass. As for applying Dynamat, you basically need to put it around where your sub is. For example, say you have a 12" in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed box. If you put it behind your very back seat, you should try applying Dynamat under the panels in the back door and the panels to the left and right of the sub. As I said before, head to http://www.dynamat.com, click on Car Audio, then click on Application Specific Kits. They have kits for doors, trunks, floors, roofs, fenders, and even license plates! They also describe how to apply it. If you have any more questions, post again and I'll try to help some more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ok cool.. im at work this is lurp and i dont feel like signing in :p

so ill check it out and do some research and if it i run into any probs ill post back here.. thanks again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LuRp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.