Can my subwoofer blow?

torandrelov

Norway
Hey, I'm new to car stereo, and have a noob question..

If my subwoofer is 350w rms and 700w max, is it possible to blow it with a 260w amp? Want to crank up the gain, but I'm afraid I might blow it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Hey, I'm new to car stereo, and have a noob question..If my subwoofer is 350w rms and 700w max, is it possible to blow it with a 260w amp? Want to crank up the gain, but I'm afraid I might blow it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif
no dont do that.......

you have to set your gain for the sub. and dont worry about max power as that means nothing.

always go buy rms power.

and under powering a sub is not going to blow it.

what blows subs is clipping the signal and massive power that a sub cant handle.

set the gain with a dmm. dont just crank up the gain.

Yes, you can blow your sub by cranking the gain knob if you drive the amp into clipping.

The gain (or input level) knob on the amp matches the output level from your head-unit to the input level of the amp so the input stage is not over-driven. It is not a power control.

What model head-unit, amp and sub are you running?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.