can my amp take it?

First a 2ohm stable AMP can only handle 4ohms bridged. you said your subs are 4ohm. are they 4ohm DVC or single. If they are single then you can on run on sub with the AMP bridged or series to get 8ohms for both[not a goood idea]

wrong there chris, if his amp is 2 ohm MONO stable he can do that, but if it's 2 ohm stereo no, you can't, if his subs are svc....DVC 4 ohms wired in series paralell will give a 4 ohm mono config which will work fine but his amp will put out less power.

No you can't bridge them with a Legacy amp. You'd have to get 2 8 ohms subs or you could hook up the subs you have in stereo, you just won't get as much power.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

is this 2 ohm mono or stereo stable!!!! if it's mono then you can bridge your 4 ohm svc subs off of it, that would be a 2 ohm load!!! and chris how does an amp being one ohm stable get into the equation, you only get a 1 ohm load from two subs wired in paralell with 2 ohm coils.

STANDARD is it mono or stereo 2 ohm stable!!!! if it's mono then bridge them both off of it, you will get more power into the subs......

Originally posted by taylor is this 2 ohm mono or stereo stable!!!! if it's mono then you can bridge your 4 ohm svc subs off of it, that would be a 2 ohm load!!!
This is a LEGACY AMP! I've never seen a 2ohm [mono] stable legacy amp cause that would equate to a 1ohm stereo stable AMP. I'm not sure if you understand the fact the when in mono/bridged each channel shares the load. This is why you see 2ohm[stereo] stable AMPs that can only take 4ohms bridged. As you know 4ohms shared by 2 channel would give each channel a 2ohm load. They share the load cause when a AMP is bridged 1 channel pushes while the other pulls.
and chris how does an amp being one ohm stable get into the equation, you only get a 1 ohm load from two subs wired in paralell with 2 ohm coils.
I'm not talking about a wiring config. i'm talking about what the AMP would see. If you were to parrallel 2 SVC 4ohm subs that would be 2ohms--correct! BUT if that load were placed on a BRIDGED amp that AMP would have to be 1ohm stereo stable[2ohm mono] which legacy isn't

well if someone would have stated earlier that it was stereo it wouldn't have confused the hell out of me.

I'm sorry I've started such a **** arguement with me and you other guys . I don't know **** and I'm trying to learn; so next time I just won't post anything and f*** up my system and then ask questions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.