Can I Haz Groundpound?

coming from some one with a Dayton HO sitting not even a foot away, yes it is. If he was sticking to sq then he would be downgrading. Switching to getting loud it will be much much better, The daytons do not get loud at all. They sound great but not loud at all.
I dont care if the sub is on your head... Regardless, OP was looking for a louder, but still warm (clean) sound. No DD I have heard gave me that full clean sound. They are much too hollow, and SPL geared... An RE XXX or something along those lines is what OP should have purchased.

I dont care if the sub is on your head... Regardless, OP was looking for a louder, but still warm (clean) sound. No DD I have heard gave me that full clean sound. They are much too hollow, and SPL geared... An RE XXX or something along those lines is what OP should have purchased.
What did and what box?

What DD and what box?

Could always trade er... Or resell.....for what i paid, I can't lose

I don't get why people say DD's have a hollow sound..doesn't make any sense. I've heard their entry level subs and I've heard their 9500 subs, neither sounded weird

I don't get why people say DD's have a hollow sound..doesn't make any sense. I've heard their entry level subs and I've heard their 9500 subs, neither sounded weird

I have heard a few DD set ups, and every single one sounded hollow... Everyones ears are different, but when your goal is to sound clean, not just loud, you will hear a clear difference. Just sounds like something is missing. And the low end never satisfies me with them. I hope OP likes it, I am just voicing my opinion.

I have heard a few DD set ups, and every single one sounded hollow... Everyones ears are different, but when your goal is to sound clean, not just loud, you will hear a clear difference. Just sounds like something is missing. And the low end never satisfies me with them. I hope OP likes it, I am just voicing my opinion.
I consider myself to have a pretty keen ear and I didn't notice anything strange...

I consider myself to have a pretty keen ear and I didn't notice anything strange...
Lol. Probably cuz there is nothing strange about it. Its a more SPL oriented sub, not made to be super musical. Its not even that it misses a lot of frequencies, it just sounds hollow. Thats the only way I can explain it. :/

Lol. Probably cuz there is nothing strange about it. Its a more SPL oriented sub, not made to be super musical. Its not even that it misses a lot of frequencies, it just sounds hollow. Thats the only way I can explain it. :/
I can see something sounding hollow, but for bass? Don't really know how bass can sound hollow lol. Unless you are speaking in terms of hollow being the frequency response not the actual sound

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date