Can i get a few replies PLEASE URGENT!

Alpine4life
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I was Promised by a car audio company that with a Diamond TDX 12inch subwoofer with a memphis mojo powerin and a big vented box in a honda civic i could hit low to middle 150's like 153Db. Now i heard the 12 inch XXX with my memphis mojo could hit high 140s and low 150s..now this is the question ...with a big box (ported) would a 15inch XXX beat the TDX 12inch or no in Dbs..remember my Mojo is 2400 watts...

15" XXX will displace more air...

Now, in an SPL install that doesn't necessarily mean the 15" XXX will mic better...but I'd say it has a nice advantage over the TDX. I would personally take the XXX.

P.S.- No one can promise you are going to hit xxx.xx decibels. It's impossible, there are far too many factors involved.

In any installation, generally the sub with more displacement will be louder at most frequencies.

However, the subwoofer that is stronger that has an equivalent Sd will have the potential to be louder in a narrow frequency band, than an otherwise similar sub that has more displacement (excursion) capability.

In an SPL competition scenario (which are the numbers you seem to be referencing... "metered" systems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif), the sub is in a box that's tuned to a frequency adjacent to the car's natural interior resonance, and the only thing being played is a "burp" of that particular frequency.

This "superior dB level" SPL sub will get it's ass handed to it - in terms of dB - as soon as you play frequencies that aren't in the SPL sub's narrow range, by the sub that has more displacement...

Even though the higher displacement sub couldn't ever put up the peak SPL number of the SPL sub.

Oh... and did I mention, that typically the trade off IS in peak strength, vs a motor that trades the high peak value to maintain it's strength across a greater excursion range?

So...

Which sub is REALLY louder? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

when i get my mic,every body function will be metered.im guessing farts will pull 100 or so,i mean dixon has some NASTY ones. "dude my dad said that as he walked down the hall,it was like a mist of ass that lined the hallway"

you have to admit, this is a silly thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.