Can I avoid higher amp Alternator????

jz2001

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hey there, I currently have 2 Skar EVL 10’s (dual 2ohm) rated at 1000rms each. They’re running in a 2 ohm configuration to a Hertz HCP1DK amp rated for 1280 rms@2 ohm. I am looking to swap that amp out for a Taramps HD 3k (1ohm stable) however I have a brand new stock alt rated for only 90 amps in my 2008 Hyundai Tucson. Would I be able to get away with this setup with only additional battery installed? There isn’t any room for an additional alt under the hood and I am trying to avoid the huge cost of a high output replacement alt. The big 3 has already been done in case it helps anything. Let me know my options to get the most out of this setup if possible. I do appreciate big time in advance.

Power is everything. You can Get away with getting a extra battery but in truth if you ever decide to upgrade You would want that high output Alternator in place to help with the power Just look around and take your time but I highly advise the high output alternator And the extra battery But for now since you already have an extra battery just use it.

Hey there, I currently have 2 Skar EVL 10’s (dual 2ohm) rated at 1000rms each. They’re running in a 2 ohm configuration to a Hertz HCP1DK amp rated for 1280 rms@2 ohm. I am looking to swap that amp out for a Taramps HD 3k (1ohm stable) however I have a brand new stock alt rated for only 90 amps in my 2008 Hyundai Tucson. Would I be able to get away with this setup with only additional battery installed? There isn’t any room for an additional alt under the hood and I am trying to avoid the huge cost of a high output replacement alt. The big 3 has already been done in case it helps anything. Let me know my options to get the most out of this setup if possible. I do appreciate big time in advance.
Pretty sure we have similar alternators. Best advice... put a few bucks aside when you can. Follow this link.

I would not recommend the HD3k. Go MD, Bass, or Smart. Nothing wrong with the HD and I have had a few but they are more suited for mids.

If you have a 2.0 Autotech has a 320a for $380.

Power is everything. You can Get away with getting a extra battery but in truth if you ever decide to upgrade You would want that high output Alternator in place to help with the power Just look around and take your time but I highly advise the high output alternator And the extra battery But for now since you already have an extra battery just use it.
Notes for sure brother. I think this may be what I top out at, at least for now and near future-ish. If the extra battery will help huge and get me to push the 2000rms at least than I am absolutely happy with such. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I would not recommend the HD3k. Go MD, Bass, or Smart. Nothing wrong with the HD and I have had a few but they are more suited for mids.

If you have a 2.0 Autotech has a 320a for $380.
Ok man thank you huge for that. Saved me a from wasting a few bucks with this response. Appreciate the reply!

Pretty sure we have similar alternators. Best advice... put a few bucks aside when you can. Follow this link.

Thank you for this man!!

Send J&S a message I just did a 320 amp from them for my '03 Explorer for 389. Now they don't have the Tuscan listed but that 2.0 they used in a ton of stuff. This came up under the 2006-2012 models they have 329 for a 250 amp for the 2.0.

Send J&S a message I just did a 320 amp from them for my '03 Explorer for 389. Now they don't have the Tuscan listed but that 2.0 they used in a ton of stuff. This came up under the 2006-2012 models they have 329 for a 250 amp for the 2.0.

The response and link means a lot man. Thank you!

Ok man thank you huge for that. Saved me a from wasting a few bucks with this response. Appreciate the reply!
Love my Autotechs

I smoked my stock 90 amp on my saturn with a 1000w system...even though the upfront cost ****** for a ho alternator, I think it was worth it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...