Can anyone design me a sub box for an SA-12D2?

maltaudio
10+ year member

I live in Malta (EU) so can't ask anyone to build and ship it to me as shipping costs would be too much, but willing to pay for design via Paypal. I will be using a Kenwood KAC-8105D 1000 Watt amp to power the sub and listen to mostly house/rnb/hiphop.

I have a 2002 Toyota Yaris hatchback. Boot measurements are approx (length x width x height:

92cm x 52cm x 52 cm - Quite a small trunk.

Sundown Audio recommended dimensions are here:

SA Series

Here is a pic of standard yaris boot (only decent one I could find)

toyota-yaris-hatchback-1-3-16v-vvti-cdx-5dr-auto-2112765101-640x480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1.5 before displacements? That's small for a 10, I'd go with an SA-8 v.2.
Im new to car audio so not quite sure what you mean re:displacements, but my trunk measures

36 x 20.5 x 36 inches (92 x 52 x 92 cm)

The car is very small. It was called a Toyota Echo in the US

yaris.jpg

Im new to car audio so not quite sure what you mean re:displacements, but my trunk measures
36 x 20.5 x 36 inches (92 x 52 x 92 cm)

The car is very small. It was called a Toyota Echo in the US

yaris.jpg
Where did you get the 1.5 Cube measurement from? By before displacements I mean before subtracting the space that the sub takes up, as well as the space the port takes up. If you are at 1.5 cubes after those, then the SA-10 is a good choice.

Where did you get the 1.5 Cube measurement from? By before displacements I mean before subtracting the space that the sub takes up, as well as the space the port takes up. If you are at 1.5 cubes after those, then the SA-10 is a good choice.
I mean the trunk as a whole measures 36 x 20.5 x 36 inches, im just wondering, based on that size, whether a SA-10 or 12 is the better choice.

I mean the trunk as a whole measures 36 x 20.5 x 36 inches, im just wondering, based on that size, whether a SA-10 or 12 is the better choice.
If you have that much space you could do an SA12. Would just be your choice.

- It turns out that he must do a lot of Transmission line box design, cuz mine is almost identical to another guys on the one of the forms ... lol

but this EFFING box GIVES YOU PUNCH & DEEP BASS at the same time.

maybe there is, 1 magical box size.. lol

Meh...

A friend bought a design from him($50!!)......turned out to be the SAME exact design as someone else he knew....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.