Can an experienced person tell me why my radio does not work?

alex2342

Hello! i have a 7'' flip out car radio and it was working well when i was checking it before i bought it from 1 of my friends and when i got home i hooked it up to a car battery and it didn't respond at all. then i hooked it up to my computer PSU,same thing. my others radio work fine. i checked the fuse on it and it looks totally fine. the radio itself doesn't smell like it was fried or anything.... i'm bad at car electronics i'm asking you to help me out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif . what can it be ? how can i fix it?

p.s i grounded and did everything correctly so that shouldn't be an issue

thanks for any help!

just for piece of mind, either replace the fuse or test that it has continuity with a multimeter.

then twist the red and yellow together and connect to 12v. then black to ground.

if you still have no power, the unit is toast.

ok i made some quick pictures of the unti so that u can see how it's hooked up.

yellow to red and black is for the ground .

you can also see the fuse box which is on the wire ( it's the only fuse i'm aware of and this is the only fuse i checked and it's good)

you can see the picture of the fuse as well.

You have to check voltage with a dmm. Looking @@ it won't tell u the issue.

Make sure both reb and yellow are both getting voltage.and black is grounded well.

Dual give some people fits. Be careful not to breal the harness.

if your not willing to drop the money for even a 10 dollar dmm, then your in the wrong hobby and i would recommend finding someone that knows what there doing before you go all about installing and burning up a car. and yeah its a dual, even when they work they arent worth fixing.

i would sell the dual for parts (if you can) and buy a decent in dash. dont worry about a flip up monitor. the sound quality/radio frequency seperation/power units are pretty pathetic for a radio that clips signal at 6 watts RMS x 4. the only thing they do well is being stolen, and causing your car to be broke into. and then when the person stealing it finds out its a dual, they are likely to be pissed and may damage the car even more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.