calling all Alpine fans!

Steveopevo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I want an alpine deck but whats up with the cda-9884 and 9886 only having a 2 band parametric eq and you can only adjust the Q on the bass band??????????

no adjusting the mids????????? and I don't want to have to spend more money on the imprint mod. I know the alpines are supposed to be the bomb but I might end up going with a pioneer just on principle of having more adjustability.

I had the pioneer premier 880 headunit and I replaced it with the alpine 9886. And the alpine is much better. Alpine has the best sound quality period! Pioneer cannot touch alpine in sound quality. When it comes to headunits alpine is the only option you have if you want the best.

I had the pioneer premier 880 headunit and I replaced it with the alpine 9886. And the alpine is much better. Alpine has the best sound quality period! Pioneer cannot touch alpine in sound quality. When it comes to headunits alpine is the only option you have if you want the best.
I completly agree. I have the 9884 and I have never had to mess with the 2-band EQ it has. havent had to touch anything really. The only thing I reall use is volume and bass. Fantastic decks.

i have the old 9825 still.no need to upgrade until it takes a dump.this is the longest time i've owned a hu without upgrading.in fact,if i could find another one brand new.i would buy it and keep it in the closet until needed

what a way to downgrade

what a way to downgrade
x2. Alpine is not the end all best SQ line out there. Given the F1 status headunit and processor and such is good. Their everyday units are just average this year, 9887 set aside. I have a Eclipse 7200 that would walk all over their lower to mid lines and some of the higher ones. Although a F1 Status would pwn me any day.

maybe they are better but I feel like I'm buying a BMW with no power windows. And I've heard alot of people complaining about needing the imprint mod in order to make it sound right.

i am asking this seriously...........

how exactly do you know if a head unit is good SQ? Explain this please. Why are the Pioneer's not good sound quality?

Thanks

I have the 9883 and would probably get a Pioneer or eclipse next time. Leaning more towards Eclipse. Just based on my readings on IMPRINT, you spend the extra 150 bucks for the kit it puts it worlds apart from any other HU but if you're just going by built-in SQ features other stuff out there gives you so much more for the same or a bit extra. I mean there are HUS out there with a better EQ AND things like built in time-alignment. Also when I bought mine I didn't do the reasearch so I didn't realize there are units with Blue tooth built in and IPOD cable included.

From what I hear alpine didn't put as much content in the newer lines because they found for their market most people weren't interested or don't normally use them. Probably figured for more elaborate setups make people fork over money for imprint. Makes me wonder if they only surveyed Best Buy/Chain store customers who mostly buy an HU and maybe a couple coaxes and call it a day.

Alpine seems to have dedicated itself to the chain store buyer who wants a simple, user friendly unit with a brand name associated with quality, and anybody who wants more content can pay for extra components. I have the 9883 and would probably get a Pioneer or eclipse next time. Leaning more towards Eclipse. Just based on my readings on IMPRINT, you spend the extra 150 bucks for the kit it puts it worlds apart from other HUs but if you're looking for built-in stuff out to get the most out of a HU you can without adding extra componenents, there's others out there that give you more for not much more money.

From what I hear alpine didn't put as much content in the newer lines because they found for their market most people weren't interested or don't normally use them. Probably figured for more elaborate setups make people fork over $$$ for imprint. I guess they only surveyed Best Buy/Chain store customers who mostly buy an HU and maybe a couple coaxes and call it a day.

YEAH screw nakamichi and eclipse lawl

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.