cadence or arc?

jeffry1970
10+ year member

i am trying to choose amps for my new system i can get a killer deal on both,both authorized both with warranty etc.

choice between cadence ia4 and ia 2

or for 100$ more i can get the arc ks300.2 and ks300.4

both fit my needs,arc has a bit more rated power. are the arc amps worth the extra 100$?????

im leaning towards the cadence amps...just looking for opinions.

While I have owned a few Cadence amps in my time, I would have to say go with the arcs. Def worth the extra $$$. Much cleaner power, especially if you are running into a high end set of comps. Hope this helps.

The Ia series is great, I don't see why you would need to spend the extra 100. The Ia series in also underrated quite a bit. I ran an ia7 for a while and I have owned 3 other Cadence amps. Never had a problem

It's a toss up really both are great amps, the thing that would decide it for me is you can buy cadence with like a 5 year warranty from jason paul at powermaxelectronics.com

One of the guys on another forum that I happen to be a member of went through several Cadence tweeter amplifiers of all things. After the second one was replaced under warranty, he ended up going with Arc SE amplifiers and has been happy with the change. He told me that he would NEVER run "budget" amplifiers again!

One of the guys on another forum that I happen to be a member of went through several Cadence tweeter amplifiers of all things. After the second one was replaced under warranty, he ended up going with Arc SE amplifiers and has been happy with the change. He told me that he would NEVER run "budget" amplifiers again!
I didn't want to say it, but I've never thought that Cadence equipment was in the same league as ARC. I've been told that Cadence is "decent" stuff, but ARC is "good" stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.