Cablguy's "White Lightning" 1997 Chevy Silverado

cablguy184
10+ year member

SQ "White Lightning"
Looks like my old build log was closed due to to some spammers or something ... No worries, It needed tons of updates anyway so if CarAudio.com doesn't mind ... I will just start a new one !!!

This is the link to my old build log for reference ...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/491314-cablguys-1997-chevy-silverado-1500-extended-cab-sq.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/525844-new-demo-vehicle-audio-technix.html

So here is my ride ... a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Series Extended Cab

26203460074_large.jpg

26203460071_large.jpg

Sound Quality Audio (SPL Capable) / Video Setup (pics will be availiable as soon as possible ... upgrades in progress)

Head Unit:

Kenwood eXcelon DNX9980HD

Front Stage:

(dash) Linear Power / Blues Car Audio 5.25" Passive Component Set

(doors) Linear Power / Blues Car Audio 6.5" Midbass drivers

Center Channel:

Linear Power / Blues Car Audio 5.25" Midrange Driver (temporarily disconnected)

(considering upgrade to a Linear Power/ Blues Car Auio 6.5" midbass driver)

Rear:

RD Audio Alfa Tweeters (temporarily disconnected)

Amplification:

(Front Stage Dash) Linear Power 2150 (soon to be replaced with a Linear Power LP2075 when made availiable)

(Front Stage Doors) Linear Power 2150

(center) Linear Power 2075 (when made availiable)

(rear) Head Unit Power

(Sub Stage) Linear Power LP2250 (hopefully I will get the chance to test the new Linear Power LP2400 when avialiable)

Total System Amplifier Power ... Around 1100w RMS when complete

Sub Stage:

2 10" Linear Power / Blues Car Audio ISO-Kits

(4 10" drivers set up Isoberic ported and tuned to 22 htz in a Blow Through style / dual Chambered Ecnlosure)

If and when possible, I will be installing links into this post (and thread) to keep you guys updated with products and their specs ...

Please note:

Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio is constantly working on this system to improve Sound Quality and the "For the Love of Music" Listening Experience.

So every thing you see listed here in this post is subject to change without notice ... Hopefully for the better

Yea, I know ... The pics in post #1 are older pics of the truck.

We had an unexpected hail storm the other day and beat the ever living **** out of my truck. Just what I needed.

So, hopefully the truck will get a bran new paint job soon !!! Hopefully the insurance will pick up the bill ...

So I plan to have some small other things done to the truck before it hits the body shop ... Like where my son backed into the passenger door, its getting replaced ...

Honnestly, thinking about replacing both doors since I have a very nice parts truck similar to mine at my dad's house ...

Got myself a new hood the other day !!! 4" cowl induction with a Mustang SVO incuction incert !!! It's just mocked up, still gotta do some trimming, sanding, filling, priming, defacing, etc before paint and clear.

Decided to take some pics to see what evey one thinks and it started to get dark, so I fired up the LEDS ...

Sorry for the "Unfocused" pics ... LOL

2013-03-29_19-38-31_643_zpsdaaa42f2.jpg

2013-03-29_19-39-51_928_zps9b671709.jpg

2013-03-29_19-40-05_740_zps9f1d823f.jpg

2013-03-29_19-41-29_548_zps405b7055.jpg

Too big of a cowl for me...but I've never really liked the look of any cowl hood over 2 inch so maybe that's just me...
If he is putting a Whipple on top of the motor, it's just right! After all, that is why they made that cowl hood for the Mustangs. The alternative was using motor mounts that droped the motor, which puts the oil pan lower, which if you lowered the car and hit a pothole was not so fun.

So does this mean you will be sticking a Whipple on top of your motor?
No ... I wish I had that kind of money. Gonna find a way to hook up the air induction system, but later

Very clean set up man, I hope I get to listen to it at Scrapin
Not sure if I make Scrapin brother ...

The only time I compete USACI any more will be at world Finals xetreme class ...

Too big of a cowl for me...but I've never really liked the look of any cowl hood over 2 inch so maybe that's just me...
Its not going to look the same after body and paint, that was just the mock up when I bought the hood ...

If he is putting a Whipple on top of the motor, it's just right! After all, that is why they made that cowl hood for the Mustangs. The alternative was using motor mounts that droped the motor, which puts the oil pan lower, which if you lowered the car and hit a pothole was not so fun.
The 4" cowl is from chevy's ... and the SVO incert is from the mustangs ...

I think .........

Oh hell, I did not notice you were running the Blues! I remember those things from back in the day--always wondered how they sounded. Looking like a solid build! Can't wait to see/hear it!
Thank you Sir ... Yes, I am a member of Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio

I sure wish you could meet up with Team Linear/Blues in Florence, Al on the 27th ... We should have 4 to 5 vehicles there, 3 I know for sure will be there ...

Hoping to get my dash "thin Carpeted" and my headliner redone soon so I can take some cool pics of the interior ...

All I have now is pics of the 2 way setup and some "mocked up" pics of the dash setup ...

We are having to do ALOT of work to this hood to make it fit corrrectly to the truck. This might mean cutting the cowl section off of this hood and reinstalling it on to a stock steel hood ... Not sure yet

It will have the stock hood (well, one without hail damage) on it when we go to Florence, Al ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.