Bypass monoblock LPF?

Participant count
  • Participant list

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
I want to know how i can "turn off" or bypass the LPF on my hifonics monoblock. Im pretty sure i have it tuned to 80 but there is NO real way to know since the **** thing has only 2 labels indicating hz.

1. Would it be better to use my DECK to have a LPF at 78hz? Im running a sony deck, is the filter in that cleaner or better than the filter on the amp?

2. If i should use the decks LPF and not the amp then would i be able to turn the LPF on the amp past 80 and assume that since the deck limits output to under 78 that it is essentially "off" on the amp.

So what should i do?

If the deck is sending 78Hz and below, and the amp is at 80Hz, then the amp's LPF isn't off. The signaled it just being cut below the xover point of the amp, so it's useless.

So there is no real way to actually turn it off and use the deck..

Also this is a guess but since my LPF is based off of 80 instead of 100hz like some, would it be better for me to tune gain at 40hz instead of 50?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.