Buzzing Sound from Subs at Higher Hertz

Participant count
  • Participant list

GusDaBus

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello new member here looking for some help, I recently installed a new system in my 2016 Chevy 2500HD (Kicker KXA1600.1 & 2x 2OHM Kicker L7T12 wired to a 2OHM load) after setting my gains using a multimeter and using the function Volts=√ (Power * Resistance); I'm using this method because I don't want to overload my subwoofers with the amp that's more powerful and I don't have a distortion detector. I have been experiencing buzzing like noise from higher test tones (~50hz). Just wanted to get some opinions if it might be a ground issue, RCAs or what? Sound seems to be coming only from the side that my grounds are on as well and it seems maximum power is being put to the amplifier at that frequency range as well. Thanks in advance!:)

Sounds like the subwoofer itself but i cant be for certain. It's definitely not the amp though.

Okay. When you said coming from the ground area I got confused. Tinsel lead slap would be at lower hz most of the time. I've had dust caps come loose and cause an awful vibration at high hz. I would pull the subwoofers and play them free air at lower volume and see if they still do it.

Okay. When you said coming from the ground area I got confused. Tinsel lead slap would be at lower hz most of the time. I've had dust caps come loose and cause an awful vibration at high hz. I would pull the subwoofers and play them free air at lower volume and see if they still do it.
Thanks, ill have to give that a try tomorrow when the sun comes up, appreciate the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.