Buzzing noise ? (little noise during music).

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am running these speakers Uranium GZUC 650SQ on a 2 channel amp.
The drivers side speakers make a buzzing noise when music isn't on and when music is on they only play about 15-20% the volume as the passenger side speakers (the passenger side speakers sound amazing, no issues).

What should I look for as potential issues ?
Loose or bad wire to the driver side speakers. Poor connection to/from the crossover. Loose RCAs (check them at the amp and HU) or bad RCAs.

Loose or bad wire to the driver side speakers. Poor connection to/from the crossover. Loose RCAs (check them at the amp and HU) or bad RCAs.
This. Swap left and right RCAs at the amp and see if the trouble goes to the passenger side. If it stays at the driver's side, then it's something after where you swapped RCAs, like speaker leads, amp itself or speaker itself.

CHAD

This. Swap left and right RCAs at the amp and see if the trouble goes to the passenger side. If it stays at the driver's side, then it's something after where you swapped RCAs, like speaker leads, amp itself or speaker itself.
CHAD
I swapped RCA"s and that was the issue (the drivers side sounds great and the passenger side won't play).

While I wait to get the new RCA"S in there, should I unplug the defective RCA ? (will it prevent potential damage to my speakers ?).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.