Buzz-Off on dale mabry

Participant count
  • Participant list

Techchild
10+ year member

Not a racist.
I recently when there for the finishing touches on my install.

The costumer service is good but I was there for atleast 3 hours and they only did 30 minutes of work. While the guy was looking at my wiring he said they I wired my subs to 1ohm and not thinking abought it I agreed to have him re wire it.

While driving later that night I relized I have two dual 2ohm wich is impossible to wire it to 1ohm. So I put a ohm meter on it today to see what it was wired to, he some how wired it to 6ohms. So I open it up to find this he connected my negative from my amp to a positive to one of my subs.

dsc01880mediummi7.jpg

I re wired it all to 2ohms. Also the installer dosent know how to set gains or something my bass boost was all the way up so was my gains.

Long story short semi good service bad installers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

for my amp ground I have it to the paneling in my trunk, secured with a bolt and a nut. I sanded as much as I could, and I used a grind wheel on...
Try and use the factory ground wire in the harness instead of chassis ground to see if it makes a difference
With the new info that factory amp is still connected, Coolhand20th's original assesment may be right. Radio may be causing the noise. I would...
Any indication that a loose wire may be the issue? I'd start by checking all the +/- connections to see if one has come lose or is starting to...
Disconnect the RCA's or hi-level input to the JBl amp. turn the system on, If the noise continues, it's a ground or noise issue with the amp.If it...

About this thread

Techchild

10+ year member
Not a racist.
Techchild
Middle school locker room
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date