Buying Fi Q15 - What amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Apoc
10+ year member

Buying 1st System
I've finally decided on a sub to buy...I think. The Fi Q. But, I've got a question or two before I do so.

#1 - On Fi's site, when selecting the sub, what does BP Power stand for?

#2 - Can I get a cheaper amp to power it by buying a Dual 1 or Dual 2? I was thinking Dual 2 because it can be wired at 1 ohm and I would be able to use the amp later on with any other sub that wires to 1 ohm.

#3 - Do you Reccommend the Dual 1 or Dual 2, should I get BP Power, and what amp would you use to push it?

1. Bp options (as have been discussed gazillion of times) increase the power handling by 200-300w. Basically its meant for those who want to do bassracing.

2. It depends on what amp and how much the amp can give out at 1 or 2 ohm. Kicker amps usually stable on 2 ohm (unless modded) and most amps go down to 1 ohm.

3. Read point no.1 and 2.

Get a amp that does 1500W @1ohms

some headroom on the amp never hurts anybody.

Get the Bp, if you have the money?? why not?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.