re 18"xxx subwoofer ?

i want to know how much watts can the re 18"xxx sub take rms max????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
specs say 2000, but if your box is good you should be able to put a good 3000 to it.. i plan on putting a rockford t30001bd to one...

sealed or ported? it does make a difference
Mechanically yes, thermally... not so much. If you want to get picky, the size of the box will be more of a determinate of mechanical power handling than which box type. Of course, also speaking in terms of vented systems and mechanical limits, this would be even more complicated by the fact it would be frequency dependant. So generally when someone asks this type of question, I assume we are talking about thermal limits. If you want to complicate that issue, lets talk square waves. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Mechanically yes, thermally... not so much. If you want to get picky, the size of the box will be more of a determinate of mechanical power handling than which box type. Of course, also speaking in terms of vented systems and mechanical limits, this would be even more complicated by the fact it would be frequency dependant. So generally when someone asks this type of question, I assume we are talking about thermal limits. If you want to complicate that issue, lets talk square waves. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i always enjoy your posts...much more than the average jackasssses in here

Thankyou, Ive always strived to be an above-average jackass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol so do i.....i just often see the oh so common post about the guys who build this huge ass ported box, throw what everyone else says the sub can handle then they come back a month later saying.."the magic smoke came today" this was pretty common about 2 years ago on here when everyone was putting their XXX on the Orion 2500.......i must have read 50 threads about people smoking their sub and wondering why.

i wanted to know if i could put a rf 4000watt amp and hook it up to the new model 1 re 18"xxx sub and a box ported to 40hz thats all...
i wouldn't recommend that amp for it... its WAY over-kill, it says 4000 watts but it pusts out way more than that, look up some birthsheets....

the thermal recommendation is 2000 watts... that amount of power is going to give your speaker a long life and won't put too much strain on it... but that motor is strong

if you aren't an extremely aggressive user, your box allows it mechanically, and your amp is putting out distortion-free power, then 3000 watts should work nicely

edit: that amp WILL work very well for it but you are wasting money because you will probably get the same performance as with the 3000 watt rf... it seems a bit harder to find though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.