Buying another ID V3. Need a great amp. what do you think?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ksan
10+ year member

Dodge HEMI
OK for any one whom did not see the big craptastic thread in Subs. I bought two Image dynamic V3 12 inch dual 4Ohm Subs. I had those hooked up to a Hifonics 1608D at 4ohms...not 1ohm....it was pushing 550 Watts total and I cooked one of the Subs. I have no Idea how but it is down for the count.

Monday I am going to order another ID V3 from Woofers ECT. I would like to know what is a VERY good amp you guys would put on those Subs, that they could handle and would be a great sound quality amp to push them? I am going to go ahead and order the Amp with the Sub monday and be done with this. I was thinking about getting this one........What do you guys think?

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6864/KS-5001--ARC-Audio-1-Channel-600-Watt-Amplifier.htm

But I do not want to cook another Sub so, any idea would be great guys. Thank you for your time and help.

how much are you wanting to spend? and which version are u gettin d2 or d4? if they are d4 i have a Q700.2 i've been trying to sell forever. i ran a pair of IDQv3 d4 off one and it was plenty of power.

Macklessdaddy I agree, I think the Sub was defective when I got it. I only had it for playing a total of maybe 4-5 hours (I know time is not a factor if over powred) but this Sub was NOT over powered and it fried. I had two 10 inch kicker cvrs on this amp wired to 1)Ohm for three months and their was never a problem. Then i switched to 10's diamond D3's with no trouble at 1Ohm. But the ID V3 fried after 4 hours of playing and they were wired to play at 4Ohms not 1Ohm.

It does not make any sense to me. Anyway thanks for the reply.

Yeah keep the amp,no sense in wasting 2 to 300 bucks on an amp,it very well could have been defective if everything was setup properly.I have a ID10v3 sitting in my garage,**** good subs.

I didn't check on the warranty because it was my understanding that they did not honor warrany on a burnt coil. I guess it would not hurt to see what they say though. I will ask about it monday when I see about getting another one if they do not accept the warranty. Thanks.

Horsemanwill I spoke with you on the Image Dynamics boards I think, I was asking about those subs and then posted about how much I really like them.

That is a great price on that amp you have also. My amps are not very good imo, but they are great budget amps. I would love to step up to something like that ID amp. I may try to get that but my wife is so pissed about my new hobby that I might be single if I keep going. Hell it is just money though might as well enjoy it while we are alive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.