Buying a deck, need some opinions...

buchel
10+ year member

Veteran n00b
I am buying a deck soon, and was wondering if anyone have some opinions, and what do you's think about ECLIPSE 5303R's? if they are alright, any pictures? Also, the deck needs three pre-amps, at high voltage, thanx any opinions are appreciated

~ Kyle ~

Brands in general.. a lot of people on this forum like Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer. I've had decks from Eclipse and one now from Alpine. They're both nice. Most high end models of well-known brands have high voltage preouts. The GUI on those new pioneers is unbelievable.. if looks are important to you. Alpine may have an sq edge on paper, again, I'm sure the sq difference is hardly noticeable. Alpine - 7998(preampless), Pioneer - DEH-P9400MP

ALPINE 7875, what do you think of this deck? i think it looks pretty good, is it? i can get it for like 200 canadian, so that is what, 120 usd? well, let me know, i need to know soon...

I just looked it up, that seems like a good price on it. If you're not amping your speakers it's got a fairly powerful preamp as well, tested at 27x4 rms.. a little better than most. Alpine's are nice, I don't think it's a bad choice to go with. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have owned alpine, kenwood, pioneer, clarion, and eclipse decks. When I find a deck that sounds better than any eclipse I have owned, I will let you know. :O)

I owned an Eclipse several years back mated with MB Quart components and it sounded awesome. Set the bass and treble to 0, flat, no EQ. Looked up this Alpine you mentioned, seems good and that price is good. I'd just stay away from cheap/off brands. The major manufacturers can put quite a bit into R&D. This Alpine I have is my first (9815) and had it less than a week yet so the jury is still out.

I owned an Eclipse several years back mated with MB Quart components and it sounded awesome. Set the bass and treble to 0, flat, no EQ. Looked up this Alpine you mentioned, seems good and that price is good. I'd just stay away from cheap/off brands. The major manufacturers can put quite a bit into R&D. This Alpine I have is my first (9815) and had it less than a week yet so the jury is still out.

The major manufacturers can put quite a bit into R&D, but are they putting it into

things that might improve the sound or just cramming more features into the deck

without trying to actually improve the sound(hell, or atleast keep it as good as it was)?

I think some do the former, while some do the latter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.