burn spot on board??? pics

After looking a bit closer it looks like corrosion of some sort to me more than a burn. It worries me a bit because of the proximity to those capacitors. If that is electrolyte that has leaked out of those caps it is very corrosive and needs to be cleaned off of the board before it eats through it . Also if it is indeed electrolyte that has leaked out of those caps I would probably replace all of them that are in parallel with the one or ones that have leaked. Could just be something different though. Real hard to tell from the pic.

As far as cleaning the board you could try rubbing alcohol but for almost all of my repair cleanup work I use acetone. Cleans up all but the most burnt and corroded of circuit boards. Be careful around plastics though with the acetone. If the plastic is shiny it will take the finish right off and can also glue certain plastics together(could be bad if it was a gain knob or something)

After looking a bit closer it looks like corrosion of some sort to me more than a burn. It worries me a bit because of the proximity to those capacitors. If that is electrolyte that has leaked out of those caps it is very corrosive and needs to be cleaned off of the board before it eats through it . Also if it is indeed electrolyte that has leaked out of those caps I would probably replace all of them that are in parallel with the one or ones that have leaked. Could just be something different though. Real hard to tell from the pic.
i pmed you. the burn stuff or corrosion flakes off kinda it it really hard to tell were it came from but also if you look at the silver bards running parallel with each other one of them seems to be warped and it looked as if it got really hot and bent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.