Bunch of cheap bastards over in the classifieds

Haha that's the Internet. But hey, a low offer is better than no offer. Not like you're forced to accept it ya know. For every week no one has bought an item I start knocking off 10% lol. I do it on parts for my BMW all the time. Got a new pair of do lights for 24 bucks shipped instead of 100 because they had been for sale for 2 months. For the seller I suppose 24 bucks was better than some crap in the garage.

The shipping price has gone up too, sometimes I end up with like $130 for selling a $200 item after Paypal fees, box and stuffings, gasoline and shipping charges.

But I understand though, who doesn't like a good deal?

aha.. no kidding.. ricks an ******* on there... justs waits on themt o say what they want and offers em 25%.. lol. low balling bastard
Actually, its pretty clear they try to appear as extremely fair, when the camera is rolling. Ive seen several episodes where the person asked a certain price for an item, and Rick responds with "well its worth more, I'll offer you this higher price for it". I always wonder if they are that fair when the camera crew has the day off.

On a side note, that show always makes me laugh, at the stupidity of people coming in to sell stuff. How often have you seen them bring in an expert, who appraises the item at (for example) $3500... and when Rick follows up by asking how much they want, they reply with... $3500. Yep, like a pawn shop is going to pay full value for an item..... do people not f'ing realize how pawn shops turn a profit? Lots of morons in Vegas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.