Bumping up SPL with 2 SA 12s

Your amp is fine
i dont think i said there was in issue with the amp? hahaha just the system in general has a big change that i noticed so im not sure what that was directed towards //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well i cant afford an amp at this moment, i know that would probably be everybodies go to answer here. But in the mean time, any tips going off of this?....SO we all know i clipped the **** out of my alpines till they died, and at the time that was set up as follows:

1.ports of box were 7inches away from hatch

2. Gain was set somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 to Max

3. Sub xover was set for 80Hz with a -18 slope

..... Happy SPL and loudness, subs couldnt handle

Now i have these new SA-12s in, and love them. They just are not quite there to how the alpines type R were. I have this set as follows

1. Posts at 7 inches

2. Gians are just below 50%

3. Xover is set the same

....Sounds so much better than the alpines, but they dont make me feel like i want to throw up anymore. These subs have yet to get hot at all, amp is id say average temp for it, and there is no weird smell coming from these, or that scary "slapping noise" when youre pushing them too much as i had experienced before. now me and stang were talking and he says that my port area could be an issue, my box is at about 12.5 and these can go up to 14-14.5

Any advice here ? im afraid to turn my gain up anymore, but thats just because everyone here seems to keep theres low, maybe if i increased my LPF from 80 - 100?

you said it

oh **** ok ok i see how he got that now hahaha, i personally didnt think its the amp, but i figured if i posted everyone would just say "BIGGER AMP"
more power is always a plus, but any bigger and ure going to need new alternator and/or battery bank.

very solid amp though, plenty to make them womp

more power is always a plus, but any bigger and ure going to need new alternator and/or battery bank.
very solid amp though, plenty to make them womp
im just thinking either they need to break in or i can afford a little more gain..... but i have a new HU and Yellowtop Bat

If the enclosure is within spec and the amp is set correctly, not much else you can do without trying new enclosures and placement. Give them a few weeks and they might loosen up and be louder.

I have 2 sa10's in a aero ported box designed by Chris... Right about 3 cuft after displacement and ports.

Wired dowm to .5 on a AT 1200.1 same as ct 1400.1 Duracell AGM upfront Yellowtop in trunk very minimal voltage drop..

Op The gain isn't a volume knob!!!

Let them break in a bit before you try a different box or buy a new amp....

I have 2 sa10's in a aero ported box designed by Chris... Right about 3 cuft after displacement and ports. Wired dowm to .5 on a AT 1200.1 same as ct 1400.1 Duracell AGM upfront Yellowtop in trunk very minimal voltage drop..

Op The gain isn't a volume knob!!!

Let them break in a bit before you try a different box or buy a new amp....
yeah i know its not a volume knob thats why im scared to touch it, i found a sweet spot at around 55% with the gain, nothing gets hot, smells odd, or anything like the last subs did. Ive been told people can hear my coming from even further away with these, but they dont have that pressure like the others. Dont get me wrong i have pressure now as to when i created the post, i just really dont wanna be the guy to **** his subs up trying to get the amount of everything i want. Cant have it all. Im thinking of running some deadener through my car first, maybe get a new front stage set of Hertz speakers, and then look into these Aeroport boxes i keep seeing.

how is your sub loading? I'm running about the same cone area and power, single 15 in about 5 cubes, and it gets some pretty good pressure going. maybe you need to find a better orientation for the box

how is your sub loading? I'm running about the same cone area and power, single 15 in about 5 cubes, and it gets some pretty good pressure going. maybe you need to find a better orientation for the box
i have my box placed at 7 inches from the hatch. Ive tried it at 6 and 8 but 7 seemed to deliver more. When im in the back seat (i actually drove around town in the back seat last night and noticed so many different things), the pressure is definently increased, however my rear stage is quite as ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.