BTL or Nightshade

What are you running amp wise. cubic ft for box. and DB's????? Im just curious what they can do.
5.8 cubes net, tuned to 32hz. Running off a Crunch GP3000D Pro and it slams. Haven't metered it yet since I blew the amp a little while ago and am still working on fixing it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439577

It's not uncommon for the NS to produce a higher score on the meter than a BTL in a direct swap based on customer feedback -- although, the BTL has a higher continuous thermal power handling than the v.1 Nightshade.

The nightshade gets louder than the btl but the btl sounds better...nightshade can be ran in 4 -5 cubes...the choice is yours grasshopper hope that info helped...

but anyway unless u buyin used u wont b gettin a brand new nightshade.also y u tryin to squeeze a 18 in a trunk?
And I talked to a guy about getting a used 18. I can fit 4 12's at 1.8 cubic ft a sub in my trunk so an 18 shouldnt be a big deal.

The nightshade gets louder than the btl but the btl sounds better...nightshade can be ran in 4 -5 cubes...the choice is yours grasshopper hope that info helped...
Thanks. 5ish cub. should fit in my trunk nicely. I'm thinking on going with the used nightshade.

Thanks. 5ish cub. should fit in my trunk nicely. I'm thinking on going with the used nightshade.
I believe FI recommends a minimum of 5 cubes...

Are you saying you have 5 cubes gross for a box? Because my box is 5.8 cubes NET but closer to 7 gross...if you only have 5 gross then you don't really have room for either.

I believe FI recommends a minimum of 5 cubes...
Are you saying you have 5 cubes gross for a box? Because my box is 5.8 cubes NET but closer to 7 gross...if you only have 5 gross then you don't really have room for either.
hell b better off gettin the ns since the min is 4 cubes

Are you going to face an 18 up in your trunk? Id go down to a 15 unless you're not going to fire the sub up.
thats probably his only opinion, i doubt is trunk is taller than 18in.

then he has to worry about gettin the box n the trunk first, trunk opening is too small iirc

hell b better off gettin the ns since the min is 4 cubes
If he only has 5 cubes gross he'd be better off just going with a 15 because after port and sub displacement he'd be under 4 net. A 15 in the proper sized enclosure would be better than an 18 in a small enclosure ya know?

Would I be better off just waiting a month or so and just getting another 2000watt sundown amp and 2 BTL 18s n just have someone help medo a wall in the back seat? rather than try to jam a 18 in the trunk?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.