Brown Bread vs. Dynamat vs. etc.

Moocow16
10+ year member

Master of Puppets
Detroit
I want to get some good sound deadening material. I hear a lot about Dynamat, but it would be kinda on the pricey side to cover the whole interior of my car. I also hear a lot about brown bread. Are either one of these better than the other? Also, is there a better sound deadening material out there that's relatively cheap? Thnx.

I don't know about better. But there are a couple that are just as good. Edeed from elemental designs is pretty good stuff, and very affordable. There is also raammat. You can find it for sale on ebay. Good stuff good price. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Moocow16 I want to get some good sound deadening material. I hear a lot about Dynamat, but it would be kinda on the pricey side to cover the whole interior of my car. I also hear a lot about brown bread. Are either one of these better than the other? Also, is there a better sound deadening material out there that's relatively cheap? Thnx.
I've used a handful of different kinds and found Brown Bread to be my favourite. Dynamat orginal is, IMO, awful. Dynamat extreme is about the same as BB, but at 5 times the cost. B-Quiet extreme works well, although it is relatively thin. This can be remedied through multiple layers, though.

Most of the sound deadener's are made of some sort of asphaltic material. They a little bit of a smell, but it goes away rather qickly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Is there any advantage in using multiple layers off sound deadening material? If so, is there any limit to the amount you should use?

I think I was just jokin' on the Tech board the other day about wishing I could find a sound deadening review. Thanks guys!

Imperically speaking, you do in fact RAWK!!!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.