brilliance or stupidity?

here's the deal. i have the subs picked and all. 2 15" American Bass XFLs on a Crescendo BC2000D. i have mids and highs also chosen. it all going in a 97 K1500 Z71 ext cab. now i want to do a 6th order box. yes i know, it would never fit. i need to have a rear seat. even if i do a single jump seat beside the box or something, i just need to be able to have space for 3 people. so the options are go ported walled and save 20" to the side of the box and put a fold down jump seat or go 6th order blowthrough. is the blowthrough a retarded idea? is it worth chopping a hole in the bed? another option is i hear i can fit a 4th order if i use the entire back area. i lose the 3rd person seating but dont chop the bed. whats the best way to go on this?

here's the deal. i have the subs picked and all. 2 15" American Bass XFLs on a Crescendo BC2000D. i have mids and highs also chosen. it all going in a 97 K1500 Z71 ext cab. now i want to do a 6th order box. yes i know, it would never fit. i need to have a rear seat. even if i do a single jump seat beside the box or something, i just need to be able to have space for 3 people. so the options are go ported walled and save 20" to the side of the box and put a fold down jump seat or go 6th order blowthrough. is the blowthrough a retarded idea? is it worth chopping a hole in the bed? another option is i hear i can fit a 4th order if i use the entire back area. i lose the 3rd person seating but dont chop the bed. whats the best way to go on this?
Blowthru is ur only and best option of saving a seat back there i think

i im trying to get deep pounding bass. bandpass just to get the very most out of the system. it would just be a daily driver.
Even a simple ported box for a pair of 15s is gona be 8.5 to 9 cubes after all disp..still gona be hard to salvage a seat i think ..and i agree i dont think a bandpass is neccesary..a nice custom ported box for the xfls will work very well

ok i guess ported it is. on the seat, have you even seen the seats in the military carriers? its just a tiny fold down seat. its like a mesh material. the plan is if i go in the back to put one of those in there. the specs i have are Max depth (front to back)- 18" Max height (top to bottom)- 45" Max width (side to side)- 44" that it leaving 20" for the seat.

i im trying to get deep pounding bass. bandpass just to get the very most out of the system. it would just be a daily driver.
Unless you're trying to only play one frequency, a bandpass box with a good musical bandwidth is essentially a worse sealed box IMO. Big gains on the meter come at the expense of bandwidth.

Im not sure that Id let anyone sit in the rear if you had a spot with a pair of XFLs banging.Looking for a Civil lawsuit in my opinion, loss of hearing possibly.Get a front Bench seat for three peoples..Loose the back seat man.My 2 cents

Yea man, outer banks. I lost my back seat in my rig. If your ever close you can check it out for size and sound. Twenty inches wide with no more depth than there is back there would be for a small person!

aight yea bench seat sounds pretty good. walled in the back? yea 20" wouldnt be much and if the person said it was too loud i'd turn it down. but bench seat is a better idea. at OBX guy, im central NC. yea if im down there sometime this summer ill hit ya up

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

and yea in that case screw bandpass

Here a quick picture or my single 15" in the fourth. Box is 30 wide, seat is 30 wide.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

As you can see, not much space in these trucks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sanguine79
Carthage, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
sanguine79
Subwoofer remote.jpg