Bridging Mono Amp to dual 1ohm subs? (Specs inside)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys, nebtastic newbie here...quick question...I do IT for a living but this speaker/sub stuff is confusing.

Correction to the title. I have a single amp, and 2 different subs. One is 1ohm sub the other is 4ohm sub

AMPLIFIER:

Alpine MRX-55

CEA-2006 Power Ratings

CEA-2006 Power Rating: 350W RMS x 1 (4-ohm, 14.4V at

Max Power Output Ratings

Max Power: 1100W

RMS Power Ratings

Per channel into 4 Ohms: 350W RMS x 1 (14.4V at

Per channel into 2 Ohms: 550W RMS x 1 (14.4V at

Per channel into 1 Ohm: 400W RMS x 1 (14.4V at

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

SUBWOOFER 1:

Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" Slimbox

Woofer Series: Punch P3S (P3SD2-12)

Nominal Impedance (ea): 1-Ohm

Internally wired to create a 1-Ohm amplifier load

Power Handling: 400 Watts RMS

800 Watts MAX

SUBWOOFER 2

Power Range (Watts RMS) 100-400

Maximum Wattage 800

Sensitivity 86 dB

Impedance 4 ohms

Again, I want to know if I can bridge two of the subwoofers listed above, to the single mono amp I listed above safely. What are the pros and cons? I don't want to blow anything and I certainly don't want to affect my car in anyway. It's an electronics beast.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wire both subs in series for a 2 ohm load and get a bigger amp at 2 ohms , + -+ - , and the two ends go to the amp simple or just google it if you dont understand

I don't want to buy anything else. If this isn't feasible I'll just sell the older sub. So the question is now (corrected my info above).

Can the aforementioned amp support 2 subwoofers.

12" 4 ohm sub

and

12" 1 ohm sub

Any mono amp can support 4 subs its all about wiring , are these subs dual voice coils or single

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

And you never mix impedances always buy the exact match to your sub

Just saw your comment about never mixing impedance. I guess that answers my question. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif Thank you.

Just saw your comment about never mixing impedance. I guess that answers my question. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif Thank you.
Lol yup i would just sell one sub and buy the same impedance for the other, if you bought it from a store or dealer just exchange it for the match

Thanks guys! One sub it is for now. I'll probably sell the older 4ohm amp and get another newer 1ohm to match the new one I just bought.

At least I got a solid amp!

This same setup worked great in my Benz but in the Jaguar the freaking trunk is so solid the bass just isn't hitting up front where I need to hear it. Annoying! Not trying to thump down the neighborhood, just trying to get some solid hard hitting bass without replacing door speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.