Bridging amp for components?

antler skills
10+ year member

Hey guys, just wanted some opinions on this.

I currently have a Kenwood amp that puts out 35 watts rms x 4 channels. It's a pretty good amp and it's bridgeable. For my next speaker upgrade I want to go with a decent set of 6.5" components up front. I can bridge this amp to 100 watts rms x 2 which would be perfect for the components I am considering. However in bridged mode it puts out 0.5% THD whereas in normal 4 ohm operation it is only 0.05%. Is this going to make a big difference? Also if the amp is bridged then each channel is seeing 2 ohms, would that make them not sound as good? Or will it still sound pretty decent? Thanks guys.

Well, i don't think it will be seeing 2 ohms for each channel when bridged. The components u get (http://www.thezeb.com check out the cdt cl-61a's) will be 4ohm. Bridge the 4 channel amp like you said, basically you use bridge mode and bridge cahnnel 1+2 and bridge 3+4. As long as the THD is leass than 1%...it is great...you will not notice any difference at all. good luck, peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.